Sunday, 14 October 2012

Moving the blog to a Raspberry PI

In-between my short my short movie project I will also be blogging about making a $25 Raspberry Pi LAMP server that will allow me to host Wordpress, and this blog.

The fact that Wordpress want to charge you $99 to receive advertisement revenue is damn right scandalous, so I shall be moving it to a dedicated server.

I want to use my Raspberry Pi but I think it might be a better idea to mirror the host on a paid server.

Once I have made the LAMP server I will release an image, at present there are no out of the box servers with blogging tools- so it will be interesting to see what the download statistics will be like.

I shall keep blogging here during the mean time until a solid host has been produced.

Basically I am a student and I could do with any advertisement revenue!

Merlin

No comments:

Post a Comment